Manager, Customer Experience Enterprise
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 100 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Enterprise support provided by our Customer Experience organization ensures each customer’s experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As the Manager, CE Enterprise for Slack, you will be leading the global team responsible for bringing Slack’s legendary customer support to an Enterprise level. This is new territory for Slack, and you’ll be building this program from the ground up. As the owner of both support revenue and customer satisfaction for every Enterprise customer, you will serve as a strategist and coach, and inspirational leader to our Enterprise Support Team members and their managers. Your job is to build a scalable, profitable, matrix organization that removes any barrier to Enterprise account growth, no matter the complexity of the customer’s Slack implementation.
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same. Interested in joining us?
- Lead and collaboratively develop a vision and business model for Enterprise support at Slack.
- Design an Enterprise service framework for the paid support services we offer our largest customers, putting it in place alongside Sales and Customer Success leadership.
- Work with the regional management teams to forecast, hire, retain, and support a global team that loves coming to work each day.
- Provide personalized and proactive support to managers that coach teams of Enterprise Support Leads and Enterprise Support Leads themselves.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Slack to advocate for the best customer experience possible.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the Global Customer Experience Team.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of Enterprise support experiences.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach aggressive goals, even in the face of adversity.
- Manage risk by making thoughtful decisions in uncertain environments.
- You have experience building, leading, and running a global organization that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- You have a deep understanding of the full sales cycle and use that knowledge to inform customer support program design.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- You have prior experience leading customer support for an Enterprise, SaaS-based web application and you know how to do it well.
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreement across cross-functional teams.
- You have an understanding of the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not intimidated by the technology.
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You can work with us at our headquarters in San Francisco.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.