Senior Business Marketing Manager
This Senior Business Marketing Manager is a newly formed role for Slack, and offers the opportunity to build marketing programs from scratch. You will relay the Slack story to customers across all sales segments and oversee our customer-facing marketing strategy. This role involves developing comprehensive business narratives, managing research to support program efforts, and partnering with events, executive briefings, and PR to reinforce the message.
This individual will design a thoughtful blueprint for customer-facing marketing programs and then execute upon that vision. Key areas of focus will include solidifying messaging and positioning, content development, competitive intelligence, and third-party research. The Senior Business Marketing Manager will also be a key player in building marketing plans and programs to sell Slack to the world’s largest companies.
- Build and iterate customer-facing messaging and positioning
- Lead story-telling with data, customer voices, and product leadership
- Manage the strategy for content distribution, including events, briefings, thought leadership, and campaigns
- Own post-sales marketing activities with role-based marketing initiatives
- Evaluate the industry landscape and educate teams about related trends
- Measure the impact of work and use the data to refine priorities
- 7-10 years of business marketing experience; track record of owning marketing strategy for several lines of business
- Seasoned experience managing small teams
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
- A strong dedication to craftsmanship
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.