Business Marketing Manager
Slack is on the search for a skilled Business Marketing Manager to cultivate our customer-facing narrative. This Manager will help influence our approach to messaging, positioning, research, and customer stories. In this role, you will support and implement Slack’s customer-facing voice through an array of programs. These programs include the development of thoughtful segment-specific narratives, competitive intelligence, comprehensive third-party research, and assessments of market trends.
This Marketing Manager will partner closely with our global sales teams to ensure that they are equipped with up-to-date collateral, accurate research, and pertinent talking points to effectively sell to companies of all sizes. You will be an integral player in expanding Slack usage across all types of businesses worldwide!
- Shape story-telling with data, customer voices, and product leadership
- Create narratives that compel new customers to consider Slack
- Partner with third-party research and our internal User Research teams to anchor our messaging in data
- Assess the competitive and industry landscapes to educate our broader organization about related trends
- Measure the impact of your work against our sales funnel and use the data to refine priorities
- 3-5 years of related marketing or management consulting experience; strong muscle for prioritization
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
- Highly creative self-starter who possesses a keen business acumen
- Experience in managing external agencies, vendors, and other types of partners
- Familiarity with web analytics and CRM systems to measure campaign effectiveness
- Team player with rooted experience in cross-functional partnership
- Passion for detail and craftsmanship
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.