Brand Copywriter (contract)
Slack is looking for an experienced copywriter to join our Communication Design team. Do you have a great eye for balance and copy? Do you mentally re-write poorly written sentences that have too many clauses, don’t flow well, and maybe, if someone taken more time over them, have worked better, such as this one? Are you good at adopting and maintaining the “voice” of a brand? If you feel equally excited about writing headlines for banner ads as you are about writing e-commerce product descriptions, or naming a new Slack conference room, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a highly cross-functional role reporting into the Head of Communication Design. This copywriter will be working out of our San Francisco office.
- Write for branded communications including ads, emails, events collateral, landing pages, video scripts, product marketing materials, and more.
- Develop copy for internal projects that promote and generate excitement about Slack’s culture and values.
- Contribute to the development of brand marketing campaigns including print, radio and digital displays.
- Prioritize your work and communicate those priorities to the many people who will want you to help them. Manage your time well.
- Learn, maintain, and develop the voice of Slack in collaboration with others.
- Be a sharp copyeditor for your own writing, as well as for others if needed be.
- Find just the right word. And the right emoji.
- Perspicuity in all things.
- A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand marketing, advertising, and product-related projects.
- Minimum 5 years of copywriting experience in an agency (or a role working with creative agencies).
- Understanding of Slack, its voice, and its users.
- BA degree required; MA or MFA is also fine.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once with an uncanny attention to detail.
- Experience with internationalization is a plus.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.