Developer Advocate – Partnerships EMEA
We’re looking for an experienced Developer Advocate to nurture and grow Slack’s partner ecosystem across EMEA. You will define and lead Slack developer outreach efforts and grow our presence in developer communities in the region. You will partner closely with our Business Development team on integration opportunities and helping our top partners to build apps on Slack that make user working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. This role will be based in our Dublin or London office.
You should be comfortable working with partners to build and design products, speaking at events, and writing open source code that the developer community can rely on. You find delight in building successful apps and are passionate about bots, conversational interfaces, and the Slack Platform.
- Work with partners to create flagship apps and integrations on the Slack Platform
- Collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other colleagues to grow and improve the Slack app ecosystem
- Support developers at scale and drive adoption of platform features through code samples, tutorials and blog posts
- Represent Slack platform in events across the EMEA
- Grow our developer advocacy team in region
- 6+ years overall work experience,
- Prior developer advocacy experience in the EMEA region
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Phenomenal track record of sourcing, developing, and managing relationships with partners
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc)
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to designers, engineers, and business development.
- Strong product sensibility,and comfort with determining feasibility and scope of technical projects
- Experience writing understandable and testable code, preferably in a production environment
- Global mindfulness – passionate about building partnerships at scale
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.