Product Marketing Intern
Slack is looking for a Summer intern to join the Product Marketing team. You will work on a variety of programs and projects during your time here, supporting core product and customer marketing. In this role, you will gain exposure to several cross-functional areas of the marketing organization and will work with a highly collaborative team. You will be paired with a Product Marketing Manager, who will act as your mentor throughout the course of the program.
As a smart and scrappy problem solver, you will support the Product Marketing team in their efforts to pinpoint our ideal audience, develop campaigns, and support flawless execution. Your typical day will include collaboration with cross-functional partners, exposure to multiple parts of our organization, and creation of marketing materials. We are a small but mighty team and we're looking for an exceptional, savvy, motivated intern to join our team for the summer.
- Partner with the Product Marketing team for ongoing marketing programs and campaigns at time of internship
- Support Slack’s customer reference program and customer marketing initiatives, with a focus on managing customer references in Salesforce, coordinating customer-related content for advertising campaigns, and managing speaker communications for large-scale conferences
- Help collect and report on feedback from external-facing teams, including sales, customer experience, user research, and others
- Coordinate marketing initiatives to drive awareness, education, and adoption of core products and features among existing Slack users
- Assist in creation of external-facing materials, including case studies, product one-sheeters, and sales enablement materials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize tasks, and learn new skills quickly
- Highly self-motivated, curious, and passionate about focusing on the details
- Previous work experience on a marketing team
- Experience using Slack, Salesforce, and JIRA a plus
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.