Internal Communications Manager
Slack is seeking an experienced Internal Communications Manager to join our growing team in San Francisco. This role is primarily supporting internal communications for our Marketing and Sales & Customer Success teams.
Slack is experiencing rapid global growth, so you need to be comfortable (and actually thrive) in an extremely fast paced environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Great. Come work at Slack!
- Own all internal communications strategy, programs and execution within the Marketing and Sales & Customer Success teams.
- Partner with department executives on leadership and change management communications within their teams and to the rest of the company.
- Ensure information is effectively cascaded throughout the Marketing and Sales & Customer Success teams.
- Enable cross-functional communications between the Marketing and Sales & Customer Success teams.
- Surface success stories to share across the broader company.
- Gather employee feedback and help drive continuous improvement of internal communications efforts.
- Partner on major launches and event communications.
- Partner on company-wide and other department-wide internal communications and change management efforts.
- Act as a champion and driver of Slack’s culture as we continue to scale and grow, including partnership on diversity & inclusion and community efforts.
- Support coordination, content and execution of major internal events, like all hands meetings, speaker series, and more.
- 6-8 years experience in corporate communications, with a passion for and experience in internal communications; bonus if you’ve supported Marketing and/or Sales teams in the past
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field preferred
- Experience driving and scaling culture with growing teams; international experience a big plus
- Creative, strategic thinker and writer with strong editing skills and a proven ability to create, own and execute comprehensive communication plans
- Tech and business savvy person who can quickly learn our business and products; good executive presence a must
- Team player who can work well with different working styles and personality types, at all levels of the organization
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Open to learning, feedback and coaching
- Extremely flexible working style – depending on the day, almost anything might be your job!
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.