Engineering Manager - Enterprise
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead the Identity, Security and Compliance team. This team builds products to secure and uphold the trust our customers put in us while remaining thoughtful, flexible and a little delightful. We’re responsible for Slack’s SSO, SAML and SCIM offerings as well as features like audit logging and other enterprise security and compliance requirements.
Our work is integral to making Slack the default communication tool for customers of all sizes, including those with sensitive regulatory or compliance needs. Working directly with our partners this team will define how a modern multi-tenant SAAS application can also offer industry leading security and compliance features. This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering, Enterprise.
- Lead and coach a team of senior engineers tasked with delivering a secure and flexible identity and security offering.
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers, user research and customers.
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, Slack’s current and future customers, and our partner organizations.
- Develop the technological foundation for our future identity and security products.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- You have several years of experience in an engineering management role.
- You have past experience with one of: IAM (Identity and Access Management), SSO (single-sign on), SAML (security association markup language) and/or security features like 2FA (two factor authentication).
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.