IT Support Specialist
We’re looking for a customer service driven IT Support Specialist who is passionate about finding solutions to hard problems. You are efficient, thorough and great at prioritization. You should also be a great communicator as you will be the first line of defense for our internal users’ IT needs. Your typical day will be filled with monitoring a ticket queue, helping to hit important metrics, contributing to our knowledge base, and coming up with innovative ways to better the IT experience for Slack employees as we rapidly grow.
- Help triage and respond to tickets received into our global IT Helpdesk (SF, Vancouver, Toronto, Dublin, Melbourne, London, New York).
- Monitor internal IT support channels and field walk-up support requests from coworkers.
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of Mac/PC systems, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and Video Conferencing systems.
- Solve issues effectively and efficiently – know when to use your resources and when to escalate.
- Keep our knowledge base up-to-date and provide training when needed.
- Assist with onboarding new hires including provisioning of computers, accounts and peripherals.
- Assist with streamlining common processes.
- You use your great people, communication, and customer service skills to resolve issues and make our internal users’ day.
- You can solve problems and know how to use your resources to learn on the go.
- You’ll have several years of experience supporting Mac OS & Windows.
- You have worked with endpoint configuration management tools.
- You are able to fix basic network issues.
- You work with a ticket queue in a support role.
- You support video conferencing and other A/V systems.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a dynamic company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- Work experience in a startup environment.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing.
- Scripting experience (HTML, PHP, Shell, Bash, Python, etc.)
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.