Associate Content Strategist, Help Center
At Slack, we take customer service seriously: the Customer Experience team is essential to the company's success. We have a fantastic roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and our team works hard to ensure that we provide the best service we possibly can.
Slack is seeking an Associate Content Strategist to create compelling content for our Help Center, support macros, and other help platforms. Help content is a crucial part of Slack’s overall customer support strategy, and our team works hard to provide customers with the most delightful, human-friendly help experience possible.
The person in this role will be responsible for writing, editing, and managing useful and effective help content. They will also pitch in on providing stellar support via Twitter, making sure our customers have the best experience possible. Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly, and a knack for putting themselves in the customer’s shoes.
- Create delightfully helpful content that clearly explains Slack concepts and features, and provides useful tips and tricks.
- Keep our content current and accurate: prepare updates to existing help content and support macros for every product change.
- Continually refine and improve help content based on feedback.
- Provide delightful support to our customers via Twitter.
- Experience writing content for the web (previous experience in help writing or support is a bonus).
- A college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Strong, confident, and exacting writing. You can explain complex concepts succinctly and clearly.
- A keen eye for content design. You can make any lengthy, rambling document concise and human-friendly.
- Strong editing skills (in particular, making text shorter, friendlier, and easier to understand).
- Genuine passion about the opportunity to create a world-class help experience. Background in (and enthusiasm for) customer support is a bonus.
- Interest in or understanding of content strategy.
- A strong sense of urgency in driving work to completion.
- The ability to recognize when something is over your head, and willingness to ask for help.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and comfort with HTML and CSS is an asset.
- Perspicuity in all things.
- Impeccable taste in emoji. There, we said it!
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.