Global Director of IT, Employee Services
The Global Director IT, Employee Services will work with the VP of IT to improve efficiency and drive organizational scale and employee experience. You are exceptional at forming relationships, demonstrating empathy for your customers, and experienced at leading in a rapid growth environment. This role will define the vision for the Employee Services team and establish metrics that drive accountability and performance. You will be responsible for leading system administrators, IT Engineers and IT support professionals to meet all of Slack’s software and hardware needs. In addition, you will be a member of Slack’s IT leadership team, partnering with peers and business partners to ensure effective planning, scoping and execution of projects as part of Slack's technology roadmap.
As the Global Director of Employee Services, you have the following areas of focus: Technology Operations (support of technology infrastructure and networks), Software and Hardware Architecture, Selection, Procurement and Access, Endpoint Management, IT Helpdesk. Maintain your internal customers trust through the use of creative solutions and see that the important work your team is responsible for gets prioritized, resourced and accomplished.
- Build policies and procedures for Help Desk and Staff Support services, system administration, software and hardware access, and identity management.
- Lead contract negotiations for software and hardware licensing; partner with vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments.
- Manage a team of talented IT management professionals, ensuring career paths and growth opportunities for all team members.
- Establish, document, and communicate IT policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of systems and data.
- Develop Service Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark workload, performance, and identifies trends. Communicate results with management and staff.
- Innovate process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Design, implement and manage architecture to allow for precise integration of IT systems used across the company.
- Ensure that platform and systems are appropriately designed, configured, deployed and maintained at a high quality.
- Develop and execute against the strategy for network configurations, and document accordingly.
- Lead maintenance of company wide inventory of hardware assets and software licenses.
- Lead technology components of global office build outs, applying the highest levels of end user experience focus and customer service.
- Maintain a collaborative and consultative team culture that focuses on enabling improvements in IT & end user processes.
- Partner to establish a clear IT governance model and project prioritization framework.
- Develop and run IT budget to ensure that resources are invested wisely.
- Develop and deploy metrics that will accurately gauge the performance of IT across Slack.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technologies, systems management or related fields.
- 12+ years of IT leadership experience, with knowledge of general architecture, support, networks and computer operations within fast paced, fast-growing environments.
- Shown success in developing managers within an IT Employee Services team
- Deep understanding of products and solutions within the fields of engineering, procurement and/or construction, preferably with existing vendor relationships.
- Experience regarding network strategy, planning, purchasing, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Experience administering cloud-based resources and familiarity with cloud service providers.
- Strong, hands-on and flexible leadership skills with a dedication to getting results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technological solutions and concepts to non-technical decision-makers.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.