Director IT - Sales, Marketing and Legal
The Director of IT for Sales, Marketing, and Legal will report to the VP of IT to lead business applications and technologies at Slack. You are an influencer and have experience working with Sales, Marketing, and Legal to craft a technology strategy that aligns to the business goals for these functions.
You will define the vision and be responsible for growing and scaling the effectiveness and efficiency of our business systems. In addition, you will be a member of the IT leadership team, partnering with peers and business partners to ensure effective planning, scoping and execution of projects as part of Slack's technology roadmap.
- You will assess and drive our IT technology roadmap.
- You will provide strategic technology leadership across business functions.
- You will foster a strong customer service mindset throughout the Business Application Services team while nurturing thought leadership and innovation with business partners.
- You will work with the team to ensure all Roadmaps/Application Development projects are run as an Enterprise portfolio.
- You will collaborate with senior leadership in Sales, Marketing, and Legal functions to settle technology needs and priorities necessary to achieve business objectives.
- You will be a trusted advisor to business partners regarding technology concerns, concepts, and opportunities.
- You will handle the planning, control, and management of the technology architecture.
- You will lead policies and procedures related to ongoing operations; develop strategic relationships with other team members and partner across the IT team.
- You have a minimum 12 years of IT leadership experience leading an applications portfolio for Sales, Marketing and Legal functions in a fast-growing environment.
- You have experience understanding, documenting, and improving core business processes in growing organizations.
- You're experienced in building and developing a team of direct reports.
- You're familiar with fast-growing SaaS businesses and associated technologies available in the market.
- You're experienced with Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud) and related applications.
- You have led IT Applications strategy, planning, implementation and ongoing support.
- You have strong, hands-on and flexible leadership skills with a dedication to getting results.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical solutions and concepts to non-technical decision-makers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant Business or advanced degree.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.