Mobile Developer Experience Engineer
The Mobile Developer Experience team builds the tools and infrastructure required to enable mobile client development at Slack’s ever-increasing scale. This team’s ambitious mission is to make Slack the best place in the world to be a mobile developer. Software engineers on the Mobile DevXP team understand that the best mobile applications are developed by mobile teams that have great internal tools, the most stable and scalable automated testing infrastructure, and an extensive performance benchmarking toolset.
As a mobile developer experience engineer, you realize that every extra second a build takes is a second lost, that every reliably run test is another bug prevented, and that many of the tools needed to develop amazing mobile applications still need to be dreamed up and built. You will create, support, and internally promote the tools and infrastructure that make the lives of Slack mobile developers, and potentially the larger mobile developer community, more pleasant and more productive.
- A feedback-driven and customer-centered approach towards internal product development
- Strong computer science fundamentals and a knack for building production systems that scale
- An eagerness to work with and integrate 3rd party systems with the good judgement to know when it’s appropriate to build something in-house instead
- The ability to work within whichever programming language is required to get the job done, be it Python, PHP, HackLang, ObjC, Swift, Java, Kotlin, etc. with proficiency in at least one
- Experience creating and interfacing with server-side automation endpoints
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things higher
- Familiarity with the current state of the Android and/or iOS development tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Familiarity with test automation, especially UI test automation
- Experience developing distributed systems at scale
- Experience creating web based dashboards
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.