Customer Success Manager
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
Customer Success Managers work closely with Slack’s largest enterprise customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then coach them on the best ways to use Slack to solve them.
Working closely with Slack’s Account Executives, Customer Success Managers provide input into their strategic customer plans, helping them to identify areas where existing customers could improve their use of Slack or uncovering new uses for Slack amongst their customer portfolio. Customer Success Managers serve as the trusted point of contact for Slack’s portfolio of strategic key accounts, beginning from the point of sale and extending through onboarding, project success, and renewals.
Part coach, project manager, consultant and product expert, our Customer Success Managers are continually focused on helping our customers improve their team communication and be successful with Slack.
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Slack will be addressing their critical need both immediately and in the future
- Develop metrics for success and review progress during QBR’s
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first
- Guide and coach customers and Account Executives with proactive customer success processes
- Travel and meet with customers onsite to discover and understand their needs and help them develop a Slack onboarding process
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Slack best practices so they become increasingly self sufficient
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty
- Partner closely with Account Executives and other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers
- Create customer onboarding assets, adapt existing customer onboarding assets and work with product marketing to refine existing and create new onboarding assets
- Help drive customer references and case studies
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience preferred
- Experience supporting deployments with enterprise customers across thousands of users
- You consider project management a strength and have experience leveraging internal resources and stakeholders to execute against deadlines within a complex organization
- You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with C-Suite, VP, and Director-level contacts, along with day-to-day users of the software
- Experience in an enterprise solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities is preferred
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Proven track record of highly-professional customer service in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.