Senior Event Marketing Manager
Slack is looking for an experienced Senior Event Marketing Manager in Dublin to run our marketing events strategy across Europe. This will be Slack’s first event marketing hire in the region and will report to the department lead in the San Francisco HQ. As the Senior Event Marketing Manager in Dublin, you will be responsible for partnering with the broader marketing team including product marketing, platform marketing, design, and content to extend an integrated event marketing strategy to target countries and audiences within Europe.
You will also work closely with the London and Dublin-based sales teams to understand markets priorities and inform customer and prospect facing programs contributing to the pipeline and opportunity creation. As the first events manager in Europe, one of Slack’s fastest growing markets, you will be responsible for developing a full funnel event marketing strategy for the region, sourcing and creating a range of in-person events including proprietary events and sponsorships, that support growth for both brand awareness and sales.
- Partner with the HQ based marketing team and EMEA based sales team to create and drive an integrated strategy for event marketing across the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Extend strategic US field and events programs to European markets.
- Manage all aspects of the event marketing program in EMEA including sequencing, budget, vendor management, execution and reporting.
- Think creatively about audiences and goals to design outstanding, targeted in-person experiences that extend the Slack brand.
- Report out program effectiveness against designated metrics and goals.
- 7-10 years of experience in event marketing or field marketing
- Proven track record of building and running scalable event programs including small-medium proprietary events and sponsorships of all sizes.
- A clear understanding of B2B events success metrics and measurement.
- Ability to hire and manage a small team.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.