Legal Operations Specialist
Slack is looking for an exceptionally talented legal operations specialist with substantial operations/systems background to support our Legal team. You will help them with a variety of operational, technical, corporate, intellectual property and commercial matters.
As a member of the Legal team, you’ll work closely with corporate, IP, product and commercial attorneys in their day-to-day support of the business. This is a rare opportunity with a potential for growth. We’re just getting organized! We’re nice too. :)
- Work with Legal to simplify, organize and streamline their efforts in support of the business.
- Help select, implement, and improve the Legal team’s use of Slack and other key business systems, applications and online tools.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, filings and registrations required to form and maintain Slack’s US and international entities and to comply with law.
- Help run Slack’s patent and trademark portfolios.
- Help innovate the process of obtaining compliance training certifications and acknowledgements from employees, including implementation of necessary online tools.
- Work with commercial lawyers to handle contracts and catalogue key terms.
- Help us scale by crafting and implementing process improvements, and to help drive our growth and collect new findings. Then, iterate again.
- Assist with other projects and needs as they arise, such as immigration and litigation matters.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ work experience in the legal field with at least 2+ years working in operations/project management
- Business Systems experience (Salesforce, Coupa, etc.)
- Technologically savvy; curiosity and willingness to tinker around with tools, applications and systems that might benefit the team’s workflows.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well; strong research and writing skills.
- Ambitious mindset that enables you to successfully work independently, but also to use good judgment and raise issues when needed.
- Ability to project manage and multi-task at an incredible pace.
- Willingness to learn and deploy new skills, such as contract negotiation, as the team grows and expands.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.