Senior Manager, Field Marketing
The Senior Manager, Field Marketing role is a new position on Slack’s marketing team and will be a key player in fostering the growth of Slack's field marketing practice. This is an opportunity to craft and own the strategy and execution of the Field Marketing program across the US and in some cases, globally. As the manager of the field marketing program you will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Slack’s customer audiences and building high touch, in-person programs that contribute to pipeline and opportunity creation. This role will be equal parts metrics driven strategy development and experience design. You will partner with product marketing, sales, business development, and design teams to create high value events that deliver best of breed content and experiences for our customers, prospects and partners. Your goal will be to drive results through scalable programs that enhance the Slack brand, and are experience driven in their execution.
- Develop a thoughtful strategy for Slack’s field marketing program that is metrics driven and effectively expands Slack’s reach into new markets
- Manage all aspects of the field marketing program including sequencing, budget, vendor management, execution and reporting
- Think creatively about the customer and prospect experience at in-person events, and build experiences that are above expectations for attendees
- Operational excellence in scaling out field programs across the country, often running multiple events consecutively
- Leverage regional audience data and integrated marketing messages to inform program decisions
- 7-10 years experience in event or field marketing
- Proven track record of building successful partnerships with marketing and sales leadership to craft effective programs that are metrics driven in their approach
- Track record of creative execution of in person experiences
- Experience hiring and managing a small team
- Travel up to 25% of the time
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.