Slack is building out our global tax function and looking to hire an exceptional Tax Manager to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make an immediate impact. Are you highly analytical, meticulous, and an excellent teammate? If so, come work at Slack. We’re nice!
- Assist with the review of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns including both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation, such as book tax difference computations, all related foreign forms (e.g. 5471, 1120F), foreign tax credits, foreign earnings, and profit computations
- Assist with the review of the non-U.S. income tax returns and DTA computations
- Support the preparation of the Company’s global income tax provision under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Sales and Use Tax filings, GST/VAT and domestic and international tax filings
- Assist in preparing quarterly transfer pricing calculation
- Support in tax audits
- Research tax issues as required
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
- CPA/MST strongly preferred
- 5 to 7 years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including income tax accounting and compliance.
- Experience in preparing tax work papers supporting federal and state income and non-income tax filings
- Knowledge of transfer pricing, IP migration and VAT / GST is a huge plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Self starter with a positive ''can do'' attitude
- Quick learner who can manage time effectively
- Highly experienced with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Experience using NetSuite and Workday ERP systems
- Experience working in a hyper growth Technology/SaaS environment
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.