Customer Experience Regional Manager
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to provide outstanding support via our inbound help requests or Twitter mentions. We believe a happy team means happy customers and it’s our goal to ensure that the customer experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
The Regional Customer Experience Manager is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, time management, and communication skills. You are passionate about support, and have a deep understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible. You will be accountable for the success and happiness of the entire Customer Experience team in your region. You will directly manage, lead and mentor a team of managers and inspire them in leading their own teams of Customer Experience Agents. You will provide guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your region. You will work with the CE Leadership team and the recruiting team to hire strategically to help grow the region.
- You will be leading the Customer Experience team in our Melbourne office, which is currently 30 people strong.
- You will support the personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving towards team goals.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your region is operating happily and efficiently, and will work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements.
- You will guide and influence the office and team culture as the region grows rapidly.
- You will work closely with the other Regional Managers and the CE Leadership team to ensure that our processes, practices and culture are consistent across regions.
- You will identify emergent issues and raise them with the global CE Leadership team.
- You will anticipate growth and propose hiring plans working closely alongside the recruiting team to maintain sufficient staffing levels.
- Solid leadership experience of managing a large team, including managing managers, and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership
- Ideally have experience in a rapid growth environment
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team. You feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer
- College degree or equivalent professional experience
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.