Customer Experience Workforce Analyst
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible in the most efficient and scalable way.
Slack's team of support agents who provide these services is global and growing. Using analytics to forecast customer needs and drive efficiency in the work we do is critical to helping us scale effectively. As our workforce analyst, you’ll drive this forecasting and scheduling work for our global customer service teams, partnering with leadership and managers around the world to use data to help us be successful.
You come with a strong understanding of customer support teams, forecasting tools, and support data, as well as a background in statistical analysis so that you know how to tell a story with data. Working alongside our Senior Analyst, you’ll be in charge of forecasting trends and staffing needs for our global teams across multiple support channels and languages, and use product roadmaps to help us predict what our customers will need from us as our product evolves. We'd love it if you have prior experience with workforce management software, and are creative in proposing solutions that fit our team culture. This position reports directly to the CE Operations Manager.
- Create and manage staffing forecasts for our global support teams.
- Make recommendations and influence strategic decisions for our leadership team.
- Roll out tooling to effectively forecast and track our team’s needs.
- Proactively identify and highlight emerging trends for our support teams.
- Use data to suggest improvements to team efficiency and staffing.
- Maintain and update dashboards and headcount forecasts for management.
- Teach managers and others how to use any forecasting or scheduling systems you bring on board, be they standalone tools, spreadsheets, or dashboards.
- Present your findings regularly to team leaders around the world.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You are flexible in adapting previous experience to fit the needs and culture of our unique team.
- You are skilled at telling a story with data succinctly and clearly.
- You have an advanced understanding of how to read, manipulate, and compile various charts and graphs.
- You have an innate curiosity for how teams work, a passion for efficiency, and a knack for solving logic problems.
- You are empathetic, friendly, approachable, and a team player.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- You can work with us in our office in Toronto, Canada.
- Bonus if you have prior experience working in workforce management software, as well as pulling data from those systems to understand staffing needs and find areas for improvement.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.