Manager, Marketing Analytics
Our Strategy & Analytics team works on global, cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As the manager of the Marketing Analytics team, you will deliver insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our most critical go-to-market initiatives. The role will be responsible for both building and leading a high-performing team, and also delivering a crisp data narrative around our brand and advertising initiatives. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in with the team, and a drive to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leadership team. Your impact will be felt immediately!
- Set a compelling vision for Marketing Analytics and prioritize work based on business partner objectives and overall goals
- Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of talented Analysts, while driving professional development goals of the team
- Partner closely with our Marketing leadership team and our Marketing Business Operations team to influence strategic planning and prioritization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive the seamless execution of broader go-to-market projects
- Build and communicate a data narrative around our marketing efforts, and tie this into the overall Slack strategy
- Track and report on the impact of our growth marketing, brand marketing and performance marketing initiatives
- Work with your team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and datasets, synthesize results, create automated dashboards/bots, and communicate an informed recommendation. Jump in when needed!
- Coordinate with our Data Engineering team to author and develop core data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the go-to-market organization
We strive to create a culture that balances our values and have high standards of execution. We require someone who can:
- Be humble, hardworking and collaborative in order to connect with the team and throughout the business
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
- 6+ years of data analytics work experience and 2+ years of management experience in a formal or informal capacity
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree. Graduate degree a plus
- You use Slack and love emojis
- 2+ years of management consulting
- Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.