Business Strategy Manager
Our team works on global, cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As a member of the business strategy team, you will deliver insights that drive decision-making, execution, and investments for our most critical initiatives. The role will be driving strategic plans, analyzing business performance and implementing operational improvements to scale the business. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a dedication to making the highest impact. We are looking for humble, hardworking and collaborative individuals that can think on their feet and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leaders. Your impact will be felt immediately!
Sound interesting? Then come work at Slack, we’re nice! :)
- Work with our leadership team to drive strategic planning and prioritization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive flawless execution of global initiatives, including the definition and rollout of our international plan
- Own the end-to-end process: build work plans, synthesize relevant data, lead analyses and develop recommendations
- Arm our go-to-market teams with a deep knowledge of the competition
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization, and meet with strategic partners that align with our highest priorities
We strive to build a culture that balances our values and have high standards of execution. You are someone who can:
- Master Excel, scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Remain meticulous while working on a variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
- 5+ years of related work experience at a high-performing technology company or management consulting; enterprise experience strongly preferred
- Advanced analytical skills (including data modeling) and business insight
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree from a credible university. MBA a plus
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Practical experience writing SQL queries and pulling data from relational databases
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.