Sales Business Operations Senior Analyst
Slack is looking for a driven, Senior Analyst with analytical and operational experience to join our Sales Business Operations team to partner with our Sales & Customer Success organization. We are passionate about using both data and qualitative insights to provide recommendations on go-to-market strategies and operations. Within this team, you will primarily focus on supporting our growing Customer Success & Renewals Management team and leadership - an area where Slack has recently made dedicated and foundational investments.
As a smart and scrappy problem solver, you will drive and build the Sales & Customer Success strategy, data foundation, processes, and workflow efficiencies. You should have experience with and enjoy supporting Sales & Customer Success, building operational and forecasting processes, managing and analyzing large datasets to provide recommendations on strategic issues, and partnering with our developers to improve our systems and tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, Data Warehouse, etc). You will be working highly cross-functionally with a focus on Sales, Customer Success, Business Systems, and Corporate Finance.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing global business! Sound interesting? Come work with us!
- Assist in developing, reporting, and automating key performance metrics, reporting tools, and dashboards to help drive user adoption and retention of customers
- Provide strategic support for Sales & Customer Success priorities through stakeholder partnership and proactive recommendations
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components, design and execute on analyzing large and complex datasets to drive insights and provide recommendations to get results
- Support our Sales & Customer Success forecasting and planning processes by building data sets and models
- Identify inefficiencies, implement solutions, and track progress around Sales & Customer Success including productivity, planning, processes, and tools
- Develop and own business requirements for our Business Systems team to implement
- Assist with ad hoc analyses, requests and responsibilities (for Slack’s BOD and other executives)
- 3+ years of Consulting/Investment Banking experience (or relevant Sales Ops/Tech experience)
- BS in Economics, Finance or related field
- Positive “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Customer service oriented and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- You use Slack and like emojis
- Proficiency in Salesforce and SQL is a strong plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.