Program Manager - Service Engineering
About the Team
Slack is seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive technical programs for Slack’s Service Engineering Team. The average user spends over 10 hours connected and 2.5 hours active in Slack every single day. 5 billion messages are sent per month with half of those outside the United States. Service Engineering is a diverse organization with different but related areas of focus. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering and product to ensure we build resilient systems that can scale. Our organization needs your help to define processes for organizing work and communication to improve efficiency and effectiveness as we continue to grow.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, security & compliance, and application teams and champion program management processes and workflows across Slack.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Partner with the Director and leadership team to develop roadmaps and drive program execution for Service Engineering
- Model and deliver process improvements for cross-functional teams
- Assess technical, product and business impacts for company goals and translate them to departmental strategies
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
You might be a good fit if:
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You can work independently and can communicate with both engineers and executives.
- 4+ years leading operations planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization.
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams across different time zones.
- Experience with virtualized environments (AWS experience a plus)
- Knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.