Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Slack is looking for a seasoned Finance Director with strong analytical and operational experience to lead a strategic pillar of the Finance & Operations team. You will help drive decision-making and measure success around strategic planning, resourcing, and investments. In addition, you will own Slack’s long-term forecast model with a focus on driving predictability across key financial and operating metrics.
The Finance & Operations team builds the infrastructure needed to scale with Slack’s growth. We are looked to as a center of excellence combining analytics and strategic thinking to develop the financial foundation for the company.
- Lead Slack’s financial forecasting and reporting initiatives including all facets of GAAP statements and company cash flow
- Drive budgeting, executive reporting and approvals through articulating financial performance and return on investments
- Define and monitor key business drivers and develop dashboards across the company’s Operating teams
- Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with senior leadership
- Partner with our Strategy & Analytics team to define priorities and deliver data-driven and actionable insights that drive decision-making
- Provide support and preparation across all Investor Relations and Board of Directors meetings
- Build and manage a high-performing team by setting goals and helping people succeed in their careers
- You have 10+ years of finance experience, preferably at both private and public technology companies during a sustained high-growth period
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and plans
- Leadership experience in a Corporate FP&A function including presenting and providing recommendations to executives
- You have experience driving international forecasting, reporting, and consolidations
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Expertise in business analytics and tools including advanced Excel skills, planning systems (Host, Hyperion, etc.), and SQL skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline
- Experience with cloud business model
- MBA degree or professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.