Can you make learning interesting and exciting? Are you an organized trainer who thrives when designing learning? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for an Engineering Trainer to serve the educational and learning needs for our engineering teams. Today, we have classroom-based training paired with self-driven learning modules and we need someone to help drive this initiative and take it to the next level. This person will report to the Learning Manager and work closely with engineering leadership.
- Collaborating with engineers and managers to develop an onboarding curriculum and course materials for new hires.
- Develop frameworks for training and advocate for adoption.
- Work closely with executives to identify and measure success metrics for learning initiatives.
- Assess needs and provide recommendations on improving continuing education.
- Prepare instructional documentation templates to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
- Be a learning advocate: help drive org-wide knowledge of all learning programs.
- You are a strong communicator. You enjoy explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers.
- You thrive on helping others learn and are energized by teaching and mentoring.
- You are able to mentor and model best practices for unit tests, code review, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- You have a firm grasp of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have training in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have substantial experience writing, managing, and facilitating curriculum in both in-person and online spaces. You know how to do it well.
- You’re an engaging facilitator and you love connecting with a room full of learners.
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You easily build relationships across organizations and have experience collaborating with Engineering and Product teams.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.