The Slack Fund is an investment fund started by Slack, in partnership with Accel, Index Ventures, KPCB, Social Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and Spark Capital. We created the fund to support teams building products on top of Slack that enable simpler, more pleasant, and more productive workplaces.
We look for these qualities in companies:
- A team with a record of success or strong potential
- Products that improve where and how people work
- A product built for Slack customers or built to support developers using the Slack API
- Companies with a committed lead investor, early stage funding rounds only
- Want to know more? Check out our FAQ
Ready to apply for funding?If you meet these criteria, we encourage you to submit your information. We won’t be able to fund every interested team, but regardless of funding we are grateful you have chosen to build with Slack.Submit your company
Slack Fund FAQ
The Slack Fund is designed to back companies who are solving problems for working teams by building on the Slack platform. Our goal is to create a thriving ecosystem that seeds innovative new services and helps them grow into lasting companies.
If you want to shape the future of work for the better, we encourage you to fill out an application.
Slack invests alongside other venture capital investors, seeking startups with long-term growth potential. We make modest investments in early stage (series Seed and A) rounds.
We provide support, APIs, and the opportunity to be listed in our App Directory to all companies working with Slack. Today, the companies in our Slack Fund portfolio do not receive additional marketing or technical support, but since funded companies have an active relationship with the team at Slack, they may benefit as a result.
To be considered for funding, your company must be:
- Be actively seeking funding
- Have a lead investor in place
- Have a pitch deck ready
- Be prepared to share a product demo or wireframes
When you submit your product we’ll ask you to provide the following information:
- Company Name
- Company URL
- Your Real Name
- Short description of your product (180 characters or less)
- Demo video or presentation of your product (please provide link)
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- Which of the following best describes your progress? (Idea, Alpha, Beta, Launched)
- Do you have any users yet? If so, how many and what does your growth rate and retention look like?
- How will this make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive?
Early stage companies only — we participate in series Seed and early series A rounds.
Slack seeks to invest in companies building products with our APIs that solve a problem for our customers or the Slack developer community. We don’t invest in consumer companies, but rather those with business-to-business or business-to-developer offerings. The fund is for teams that are building businesses with a working or close-to-working product. Please only submit for funding if your company is eligible.
Your company does not need to be based in the US or in any particular city, however, there may be local requirements or laws that have to be evaluated before making an investment decision.
We evaluate companies by the following criteria:
- Alignment with Slack's mission and purpose: Is the company solving a problem for people at work? Is this company critical for our ecosystem?
- Team strength (technical, product and design).
- Partnership potential: How does Slack play into the long-term vision for this company?
- Proven early traction and execution.
To date, we do not take board seats.
If you still have more questions, we’re here to help. Contact our support team