- How is Slack Frontiers affected by COVID-19?
In light of global health concerns related to coronavirus (COVID-19), Slack is closely following public health guidance in regard to in-person conferences and events. The health and safety of the Slack community is our top priority. Therefore, we will continue to monitor the situation and are prepared to make any changes necessary as circumstances evolve.
Please see the FAQ below for our cancellation and refund policy regarding registration fees. These have been designed to be intentionally flexible to accommodate the rapidly-changing public health guidance regarding travel and attendance of in-person events.
- What is Slack Frontiers?
Slack Frontiers is Slack’s customer conference. It includes two full days of curated sessions, plus partner exhibits, educational installations and community networking opportunities.
At Frontiers, you’ll gain the expert insights and educational know-how for unlocking the most value in Slack for your entire organization.
- Who attends Slack Frontiers?
Frontiers is for everyone who wants to learn about new ways of working, deepen their usage of Slack, or build on its platform. In past years, attendees have included:
- Innovative leaders who are looking for ways to create more value for their customers, as well as work faster and with more precision. Maybe you head up engineering or technology teams or help run a global sales organization—come one, come all
- Developers eager for hands-on experience on all parts of the app development process, or for building custom integrations and apps for specific use cases
- Slack users and customers, up to the largest global enterprises
- How do I register?
To register, complete the checkout form on the registration page.
Early-bird ticket pricing of $595 is available for a limited time or until sold out. Once early-bird tickets are sold out, the price will increase to $795. On-site registration will be $1,195. Slack accepts only credit card payments for registration. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Slack Frontiers is a business conference and not appropriate for anyone under the age of 18. Guest passes or spouse tickets are not available. By registering, attendees agree to abide by Slack’s Code of Conduct.
For questions about group registration, please contact the Frontiers event team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I get a copy of my invoice/receipt?
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you used for registration. If you don’t get the email or can’t find it, please contact our registration team at email@example.com.
- What’s your registration cancellation policy?
All requests to substitute or cancel an existing registration must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the cancellation policy:
- Cancellations received on or before July 17, 2020 (11:59 PST) – Full refund
- Cancellations received on or before August 21, 2020 (11:59 PST) – 50% refund
- Cancellations received on or after August 22, 2020 – No refund
- No-show – No refund
- Should Frontiers be cancelled or changed to a digital event, refunds will be issued in the same form of payment that was received.
- If you can no longer attend Frontiers after registering due to travel restrictions or circumstances related to COVID-19, please contact us at email@example.com and we will issue a full refund to the form of payment that was received.
- What’s your registration substitutions policy?
Attendee substitutions may be made at any time at no charge. However, they must be made in writing and must be from the same company.
Substitution requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from the original attendee requesting cancellation of registration. Requests must include the name of the person who will be taking the place of the original attendee, as well as the substitute registrant’s email address.
Please note: Cancellation of travel and/or hotel reservations is the registrant’s exclusive responsibility.
- Can I select sessions to build my agenda?
The agenda builder is scheduled for release in early June. More information to come!
- When will the conference app become available?
The conference app will be available in early September. All registrants will receive an email with information needed to download the app.
- How do you accommodate specific needs?
During the registration process, you will encounter questions pertaining to special needs as well as dietary restrictions; please use the registration form to make any accessibility or special requests, and we will be in touch regarding accommodation. The Frontiers team is committed to making the event accessible to all people and will accommodate reasonable requests given at least 30 days’ advance notice. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please reach out to email@example.com.
All floors of Piers 27 and 29 are accessible by wheelchair. All keynotes and breakout sessions will have wheelchair-accessible seating.
Closed-captioning and ASL interpretation
All keynotes will be live-captioned, and event staff will be happy to help you find dedicated seating. ASL interpretation of breakout sessions will be provided upon request with advance notice.
Gender-neutral restrooms and mother’s rooms are available on-site. Please refer to the Slack Frontiers map for locations.
Our catering team can accommodate most dietary restrictions. All meals will have options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and kosher, and all items will be labeled with ingredients. Please indicate your meal request during the registration process.If at any point you need additional assistance, or if we did not address your accommodation, please contact us. You can reach us before the event at firstname.lastname@example.org or during the event via the conference app. We want to ensure that all guests feel welcome at Slack Frontiers.
- If I have another question, whom should I contact?
Registration questions and support, or general program information: email@example.com