Sales Operations, Senior Commissions Analyst
As a member of the Sales Business Operations team, you will work cross-functionally with team leads in Sales, Finance, HR, and Accounting to ensure variable compensation for our quota-bearing employees is distributed with accuracy, transparency, and on schedule. You will be expected to contribute to the evolution of Slack’s best practices and policies that will impact the entire Sales organization. This is a highly visible role, which creates significant opportunities for learning and growth.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
Sales Comp Plan Administration and Operations
- Help set-up, monitor and administer sales commission plans and calculations in Xactly (and in some cases manually) in timely manner within Slack’s monthly/quarterly cadence
- Ensure all commission plans are setup within Xactly prior to each performance period
- Sales commission expense accrual estimation (excel modeling, etc.
- Commission calculations and payout file prep for all eligible roles
- Prepare and review commission reports for accuracy and completeness - reconciling any issues through cross-functional collaboration
- Ensure approval flow and documentation is thorough and complete with regard to above efforts
Special Cases, Ad-Hoc Policy Administration & Adjustments
- Ad-Hoc comp crediting and special case resolution - Weekly/Monthly
- Review territory policy and comp plan policy in order to action straightforward commission cases via Salesforce and/or Xactly
- Escalate special cases or other issues that do not fall within existing policy to management for resolution
- Document approvals and other related notes for any adjustments that result in pay or crediting adjustments
- Aggregate themes and challenges for enhancement of systems/processes
- Categorize issues for monthly review with Sales BizOps Leadership
- Document and escalate process gaps for continuous improvement
- Build and Expand a more robust territory and sales crediting policy
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of applicable experience in sales compensation or related field
- Experience and intermediate/advanced competency with Xactly and Salesforce CRM
- Strong Excel skills to manage and analyze large data sets for multiple employee groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external working partners
- Detail oriented with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.