Product Writer, Monetization
Slack is looking for an experienced writer to join our Monetization team, where we help small and mid-size teams upgrade, pay for, and make the most of their Slack plans. We show these teams the breadth of what Slack can do, help them discover the features that are important for them, and make sure payments are clear and simple for our customers around the world.
Whew, that was a clunky sentence — could you have written it better? Great. Come work at Slack! We’re nice.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own product copy/content strategy for the Monetization features that help teams upgrade, pay for, and make the most of their Slack plan — from product education to admin-facing emails to checkout flows.
- Translate complex product and billing requirements into a clear, humane, and pleasant user experience.
- Drive content decisions with data by planning, learning from, and iterating on copy tests.
- Help improve and implement design processes for the product writing team, and the design team as a whole.
- Be an active and available peer mentor for other writers.
- Find just the right word. And the right emoji.
What you should have
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content strategy, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent design tools.
- 2+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
- Cover letters required with applications for this role.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 10+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.