Director, Organizational Development
Can you unlock performance? Inspire trust? Are you a leader who can empower others to be resilient and resourceful? Do you embrace change and use it as a tool for constant improvement? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for a Director of Organizational Development to lead our learning programs. This will include managing the Learning team, working closely on the ongoing development needs of executive leadership, and ensuring that all our Learning programs are closely aligned with company goals.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced leader who can power our business growth through the development of our people. This leader will manage our 10+ person L&D team and report to the VP of People.
What you will be doing
- Lead the Organization Development team which focus on delivering our long-range plan through alignment of strategy, structure, processes, and people.
- Partner with People Partners to proactively identify areas where leadership education is required at Slack, and design and deliver leadership programs and resources to meet those needs.
- Further develop our change management and agility skills at the leadership level to ensure early adoption and ownership of change.
- Apply data-driven approach to continuously improve learning and development offerings.
- Support our culture with innovative and proven strategies around onboarding and ongoing education.
- Support and enhance Slack’s approach to talent and performance management.
What you should have
- You’re an engaging leader, you have excellent relationship-building and influencing skills, and can quickly establish credibility with senior executives and line leaders throughout the organization.
- You’ve had Organizational Development leadership experience at a fast-growing, global company of 2000+ employees where you’ve developed strong leaders and built a high-performance culture.
- You have 12+ years developing and leading training efforts with direct experience in program facilitation, instructional design and consulting.
- You have demonstrated your ability to partner with People Partner teams to design and implement efficient and effective learning and development programs.
- You are adaptable, resilient, and flexible, and have built a culture of constant improvement and transparency as a leader.
- You drive success and achieve results by setting goals, using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals, and tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals.
- You have extensive experience influencing and gaining commitment from senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- You are able to analyze and interpret data and leverage those insights into critical decisions.
- You can lead others and help them learn to make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- You can effectively change leadership behavior through influence and navigate toward results in a complex organizational structure.
- You are flexible and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- You are well-informed on diversity and inclusion topics and a willing partner for D&I efforts.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.