Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Manager to join our fast growing Customer Success organization and help build and lead our Renewal Team in Denver.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and lead a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to customer retention and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team to deliver a high value customer experience at time of renewal. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
You are a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in sales and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty. You'll be a foundational hire as we build the Denver renewal team from the ground up!
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of Renewal Managers that have fun winning together
- Lead ongoing team growth and team member career development including recruiting, hiring, training and coaching Renewal Managers
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings with your team and deliver a regular revenue forecast to CS, Sales and Finance leadership
- Coach Renewal Managers on strategies that help them reach their goals and help our customers confidently grow with Slack
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, Business Operations, Legal and other cross-functional leadership teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
- Develop playbooks for renewal engagement and strategies to maximize revenue retention
- Report monthly to CS and Sales leadership on team activity, impact and renewal trends
What you should have
- 5+ years of Sales / Customer Success / Account Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 2+ years of management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including new process and initiatives
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.