Senior Software Engineer - Product Security
Our Product Security team supports the following tenet of Slack’s mission: to make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do. As a member of the Product Security team you care about shipping secure products and ensuring that the way in for the bad guys is never through the front door. You are passionate in developing secure-by-default libraries and building new security services. Your work will directly impact the way millions of people, teams, and businesses get things done using Slack.
- Developing secure libraries, tools, and services to prevent classes of risk and vulnerabilities.
- Assessing existing codebases for widespread, systemic or structural security issues and partnering with engineering teams to address them.
- Architectural review of important technical specifications and design proposals.
- Contributing feedback to engineers during all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Communicating risks to engineering staff through training and technical demonstration of vulnerabilities and secure design patterns.
- Seeking out opportunities to automate processes when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 2+ years experience in software development in languages such as: Java, Python, PHP, Go.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and design principles.
- Knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Experience in writing understandable, testable, secure code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Several years of professional experience ensuring privacy and security of web applications is a plus.
- Background in software engineering and common development practices in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of common security flaws and resolution as published by OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services and familiarity with Slack products is a plus.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.