Manager, Solutions Engineering
We are looking for a dedicated Solutions Engineering Leader to join a global leadership team and manage our growing Enterprise SE team in San Francisco.
Our team partners closely with Account Executives and customers to enable Slack as a platform where work happens. As the product experts, we have a deep understanding of the Slack platform, handle tough objections, devise complex solutions and lead successful evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus - tying the capabilities of our platform directly to business impact. We approach each engagement with empathy, creativity and a genuine desire to help our customers succeed.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of talented solutions engineers, with a focus on mentorship and career development. In addition, you will remove barriers to customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader leadership team. This is a critical role that requires strong leadership, priority management, and interpersonal skills.
You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will need to communicate effectively across multiple departments and have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Directly support a team of solutions engineers that have fun winning together
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the AMER SE organization
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers, and to ‘lead by example’
- Partner with sales leadership and other cross-functional teams to drive ARR on key accounts and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Coach the team towards attaining key performance metrics and goals
- Help define the key value propositions we communicate to customers
- Identify product and technology gaps with customers and present a point of view to Slack’s product and leadership teams
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
What you should have
- 8+ years of technical pre-sales experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 3+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with cross-functional partners
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Based in the San Francisco area
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.