Senior Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive – and our users are at the heart of everything we do and build at Slack. We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our Core Product Marketing team and help us convey the value of our products in ways that deeply resonate with our users. In this role, you will lead our end-user audience research and messaging efforts, in partnership with our research team and fellow marketers. You’ll also craft and execute go-to-market, educational, and adoption strategies for key features.This is a highly cross-functional position; you will work intimately with colleagues in research, product, analytics, sales, communication, marketing, and more.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will represent the voice of the user within Slack. Conduct ongoing user research and market and competitive analyses to develop audience segmentation and personas. This work will inform new and existing marketing initiatives, channel strategies, new product direction, and more.
- You will collect, frame, and execute on key insights, leading programs ranging from product launches to content development. You’ll develop highly differentiated messaging and positioning and design initiatives to sustain awareness of our core features.
- You will lead go-to-market efforts for various features. Work with cross-functional partners to influence product development and prioritization, execute on launch strategies, and drive ongoing adoption.
- You will collaborate with sales and customer success teams and own development of audience-focused collateral, including data sheets, website pages, and other materials that help tell the Slack product story.
- You will build and manage an evolving suite of resources for current and prospective users, including guides, webinars, landing pages, media assets, and more.
What you should have
- You have 8+ years of related product marketing experience.
- You have previous experience with communicating clear and compelling messaging, delivering engaging presentations and crafting strong content (content examples will be requested).
- You have deep experience with audience research, segmentation, and persona development.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, ability to be dedicated in a dynamic environment, maturity to prioritize and understand where to introduce new processes without slowing things down.
- You enjoy mentoring early career colleagues and lead project teams.
- You are creative with a proven ability to tackle (or approach) complex problems in a unique or innovative way.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.