Software Engineer, Build
Slack is looking for engineers to design and build automated solutions to improve the performance and delivery of Slack’s source control and build systems.
This could be an excellent opportunity for a generalist or an operations engineer who enjoys working on continuous integration and delivery platforms. Slack engineers rely on the services to build artifacts and execute automated workflows for releasing high-quality software. We partner with lots of teams across Slack to help build various clients and applications. One size does not fit all so please bring your bag of tricks.
What we do:
- We build automated tooling to configure and maintain our CI and source control systems.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
Projects you might work on:
- Improve monitoring and alerting for our services.
- Implement automatic provisioning to address growth and demand.
You might be a good fit if:
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You have strong documentation, collaboration and communication skills.
- You have experience using deployment automation/configuration management like Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- You are confident in working with Linux systems and virtualized environments (AWS, GCE) and are comfortable using CLI tools to manage them.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.