Director, Finance - Sales/Top Line
Reporting to the VP, Finance you will bring your strong analytical and operational experience to lead all top line forecasting (ACV, Billings, Revenue) for our Finance & Operations team.
This team builds the financial infrastructure needed to scale with Slack’s growth and is looked to as a center of excellence combining analytics and strategic thinking to develop the financial foundation for the company.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to partner with sales leadership and data analytics to support the growth of the business.
Leading a team of 4 people, you will help drive decision-making around a complex revenue model requiring Enterprise Sales forecasting with a self-serve, conversion funnel forecast. Importantly, you will own Slack’s long-term forecast model with a heavy focus on driving forecast predictability across financial and key operating metrics. To ensure strong forecast accuracy and alignment with business trajectory, you must be effective at partnering with executive business leaders and feel confident presenting to our CFO.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead a high-performing, high throughput team of talented finance professionals, while driving professional development goals of the team
- Lead Slack’s Top Line financial forecasting and reporting processes and initiatives - including Slack’s self-serve, conversion-based business and all facets of the company’s Enterprise Sales ACV and Billings pipeline, coverage and closed-won forecast
- Define and monitor key business drivers and develop dashboards across the company’s Operating teams
- Build and nurture strong, cross-functional relationships with senior executives across all areas of the company
- Partner with Slack’s best-in-class Analytics team to define priorities and deliver data-driven and actionable insights that drive decision making
What you should have
- 8+ years of finance experience at both rapid-growth private and public SAAS companies
- Experience working with closely with sales in a SAAS environment is required as this role will encompass complex revenue modeling for Enterprise Sales forecasting with a self-serve, conversion funnel forecast
- Experience managing international/global Revenue, ACV, Billings forecasting, reporting and insights
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools, including advanced Excel skills, planning systems (Anaplan, Workday, etc) experience and strong SQL skills
- Experience managing to and hitting aggressive deadlines
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members, including experience managing senior finance managers
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline. MBA a plus. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.