Director, Product Management, Identity, Security, and Compliance
Slack has quickly become the place work gets done within large and regulated organizations, from IBM and Target to CapitalOne and eTrade. Earning the trust of these organizations takes a deep investment in identity, security and compliance features. That’s where you come in! We are looking for a leader to help define and grow this investment.
Are you excited by acronyms like SSO, SAML, 2FA, SCIM, HIPAA and FedRAMP? We are! Over a third of all knowledge workers worldwide depend on these letters. You ideally have extensive experience as a group product manager or director of solutions deployed at scale within the enterprise, and has performed well in large and fast-growing organizations.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will set Slack’s vision and strategy with regards to authentication, authorization, policy controls, information security and compliance standards
- You will balance the needs of large enterprise customers, new market opportunities and delivering a secure Slack people love to use
- You will lead and guide the development of a team of amazing product managers, and help them do their best work
- You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- You will help craft Slack’s product development process while we grow
What you should have
- Experience with hiring, mentoring and leading a product management team
- Minimum 10 years product management experience building and maintaining enterprise products and features
- Strong technical background to enable you to contribute meaningfully to features intended to make customers’ deployments of Slack secure and compliant
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience building relationship and trust with large enterprise customers
- Natural talent for mediating competing interests and finding creative solutions
- Phenomenal track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.