Product Designer, Enterprise
Slack is looking for an experienced designer to join our Enterprise team, where we support our biggest customers in managing and growing their Slack organizations. Enterprise features allow both admins and end users succeed in large, complex environments. You’ll work on everything from solving onboarding challenges for organizations with thousands of users to ensuring the security of Slack for the healthcare, legal, and financial industries.
Designers serve a vital role at Slack: from creating the experience of new features to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
What you should have
- 2 - 4 years’ experience* in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 3+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 1 year, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.