Data Scientist, Lifecyle
Slack is hiring experienced data scientists to join our Lifecycle team. The Lifecycle team’s mission is to build product experiences that help companies of all sizes adopt and scale Slack within their organization. These product experiences include team and user onboarding, payments and billing systems, and the marketing and packaging of paid plans.
You will use data to help the team discover opportunities and define appropriate solutions to user problems by performing research into user behavior, defining and applying experimentation standards, and understanding the drivers of business performance.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Use data to influence the direction of team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Deepen our understanding of our product, our users, and our business through data and the use of the scientific method
- Work with partner teams to define goals and identify metrics that describe our product through data
- Be an ambassador for data by improving the availability, understanding, and sophistication with data at Slack
What you should have
- 6+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis
- A consistent record of using analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Understanding of standard data science methodologies
- Deep understanding of statistics
- Ability to write clean code, especially in R or Python
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.