Sr. Technical Program Manager, Developer Productivity
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. The Developer Productivity team helps Slack engineers realize this vision by enabling them to design, develop and deploy software quickly, reliably and securely. The engineering team is our customer, and we collaborate with them to learn and build systems that can help their productivity.
Slack is seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to drive programs for Slack’s Developer Productivity Engineering team. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Quality and cross-functional development teams, such as Infrastructure, Data Engineering, and Product Security, to improve the process and capabilities of developers.
You understand the benefits of moving quickly and thrive when given the opportunity to design systems. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for highly-complex, technically-complicated projects — just like the ones we face here at Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead end-to-end releases for desktop clients
- Technically drive and support our Desktop Foundation’s team’s goals
- Detail-oriented and adept at following-up with others to drive deliverables to completion
- Autonomously drive change initiatives across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post-release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders as changes occur with projects within the programs they support
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made accurately
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
- Drive agile processes to enable teams, from sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards optimization and team unity
- Contribute to the growth of the Program Management organization by actively participating in cross-program initiatives including identifying and detailing standard processes, supporting other Program Managers and identifying professional growth opportunities.
What you should have
- 5+ years experience as a developer
- At least 5 years experience leading planning, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic engineering organization
- The ideal candidate is creative with superior analytical abilities across business and technology
- Qualified candidates have extensive experience defining programs, writing detailed functional specifications and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience working with build and release teams or teams that build developer-facing software
- The technical acumen to understand and influence decisions made on architecture and implementation by the engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- JIRA user experience
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.