Data Science Intern
Slack is looking for an intern to work alongside our data scientists on the Business Analytics team for the summer of 2020. This internship is an outstanding opportunity for those that wish to gain hands-on experience working with data at a fast growing company. You will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team of data scientists and will be paired with one of our data scientists, who will act as your mentor throughout the course of the internship.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with partners in Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance to provide visibility into our data, craft narratives, find insights, and provide recommendations that will substantially impact the business
- Analyze large quantities of data to derive actionable insights
- Deliver presentations of analysis to key partners
What you should have
- Currently pursuing a degree (B.S., M.S., or Ph.D) in a quantitative field
- Experience using R, Python, or SQL
- Strong quantitative and logical reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data
- Must be graduating December 2020 or later
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.