Product Design Intern
We are hiring a Product Design Intern for the summer of 2020 to help design the future of Slack. Designers serve a vital role here from building the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of each detail. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team and will be paired with one of our product designers, who will act as your mentor throughout the program. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply with links to your work and experience. We look forward to hearing from you.
What you will be doing
- You will work closely with your mentor and product design leadership to define the details of your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- You will collaborate with engineering, research, and product management to ensure a high-quality implementation and ship a polished user experience
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on your work from your mentor, other product designers, and multi-functional team members.
What you should have
- Experience designing both mobile and desktop products
- You have a strong portfolio, showcasing a foundation in interaction and visual design, typography, and idea generation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be graduating December 2020 or later
- Proficient in web technologies and design software such as Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Graduating with a degree in Interaction Design of UX
- Experience defining product features
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.