Sales Operations Intern
As the Sales Operations MBA Summer Intern at Slack, you will work on optimizing pricing, discounting and packaging to help accelerate and improve the efficiency of Slack’s go-to-market motion. Problems you might work on or influence include: launching a localized pricing page in a new target country, offering a localized pricing and payment method, deciding if we would accept payment in the country's local currency, and differentiating or discounting list prices for emerging markets. In this high-visibility high-impact role, you join our team working under the Director of Sales Operations while also partnering with Finance, Sales Strategy, Product Marketing, Business Development, and other adjacent teams.
You will support the team by conducting price realization analytics to extract insights by region, segment, industry, and any other categorization deemed valuable. Research competitive benchmarking as well as size Slack’s foreign exchange risk. Recommend frameworks for new product introductions and how to best include them into Slack’s existing offerings. Build a playbook and detail a process to accelerate decision-making and driving consensus when it comes to decisions around packaging and pricing across Slack.
Successful candidates will have a collaborative can-do attitude as well as strong written and oral communications skills. They will be comfortable facilitating discussion amongst senior leaders while also having the confidence and conviction to voice your opinions. You will need to build polished executive-facing slides while also getting into the details of a large dataset.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Establish and maintain strategic consistency across Slack’s entire product catalog
- Competitive benchmarking, win/loss analysis, qualitative research (internal and external), price / discount realization analysis, and support for new product introductions
- Identify new packaging and/or bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion, increase sales efficiency and market penetration
- Define, track and measure pricing KPIs to operationalize decision-making around pricing and packaging
What you should have
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and applying analytic frameworks for insights
- Experience working with SQL, relational data and common BI tools
- Advanced knowledge of common statistical packages; R, STATA, SPSS, Pandas
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Preferred prior knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures as well as prior work experience in strategic planning, pricing, finance, business analytics and/or product management
- Must be in an MBA program with a December 2020 graduation date or later
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.