Technical Program Manager Intern
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. On the Technical Program Management team, we build the systems, tools, and processes that enable our partners in Product and Engineering to get work done faster.
Slack is seeking a TPM intern for the summer of 2020 to drive programs for Slack’s Product and Engineering organizations. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Quality, Customer Experience and multi-functional development teams, such as Infrastructure, Data Engineering, and Product Security, to improve the process and capabilities for Slack’s development teams. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and thrive when given the opportunity to design systems. You’re scrappy and have experience working with data sets and making meaning out of them with impactful visuals and reports.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Spearhead change initiatives across multiple functions throughout the organization
- Develop and iterate on visibility and alerting programs cross Security, Product, and Engineering departments
- Perform risk management and scope management on your programs
- Develop briefs, schedules, and release plans for your programs
- Identify decisions required to move your programs forward and ensure decisions are made to unblock progress
- Deliver process, tooling, and systems improvements for multi-functional teams with guidance from partners
- Perform analysis on data sets and develop dashboards and reports to answer questions for the business
- Contribute to the growth of the TPM organization by driving process improvement initiatives together with other TPMs
What you should have
- Training, experience, or education in software engineering, data science, systems engineering or technical product/program management
- Experience using analysis of data sets to solve problems and answer questions
- The technical acumen to drive and influence decisions on implementation choices for your programs
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Experience with SQL and working with data visualization software
- Experience with bug tracking software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are expecting to graduate December 2020 or later
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.