Global Sales Strategy and Operations Manager
Slack is looking for a strategic, results oriented Manager to join the Sales strategy team. This person will partner with senior leaders across the Global Sales Organizations to drive strategic initiatives that shape the growth trajectory of Slack’s Enterprise Business. The ideal candidate is at the intersection of strong strategic and analytical thinking combined with leadership skills to drive change. This candidate will demonstrate quick learning and an impressive history of driving results. Most importantly, the candidate will deliver through strong relationships and use excellent communication to reach alignment across executive teams, keep projects on track while embodying the Slack’s key cultural tenets.
The global sales strategy team is focused on partnering with executives and cross-functional partners within Slack to drive large scale impact and transformation across the GTM engine of Slack. In this role, this candidate will help lead and drive these GTM initiatives while acting as an advisor to key Sales executives within Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with sales leadership to deliver strategic projects that enable the business to execute its highest priority initiatives
- Leverage data to conduct in-depth analyses across areas of the business (e.g. customer segments / regions / product lines) to develop an understanding of key value drivers, identifying improvement areas and opportunities
- Act as the strategic thought partner to various members of the Sales Leadership team, helping shape the sales strategy across the Enterprise business
- Serve as the connection across cross-functional teams (including Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, and other internal groups, etc.), and facilitate collaboration towards achieving common goals and outcomes
What you should have
- 5+ years of work experience at a management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm and/or Strategy & Ops technology company
- BA/BS degree
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams through change management programs
- Ability to articulately present and debate recommendations at the executive level
- Experience with enterprise software or SaaS GTM strategy
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Experience with SQL and Salesforce reporting
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.