Sr. Manager, Customer Experience Operations
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As the Senior Manager of Customer Experience Operations, you will be responsible for designing and executing the internal resources that enable Slack to support customers.
As the leader of the Customer Experience Technical Operations team, you’ll ensure that the tooling we use to interact with customers supercharges the work of our team, fostering the high quality experiences our customers deserve. You’ll build thriving teams, systems, and processes that ensure every customer gets the help they need -- while simultaneously equipping Slack’s Customer Experience staff to scale alongside growing customer demand. This is a cross functional role that requires a deep knowledge of customer experience tooling and customer-driven culture.
Your work will focus on 4 critical questions:
- How might we design and build systems that enable a human, responsive customer experience? (execution)
- How might we mature our tooling and operating model so that our team can scale alongside growing customer demand? (strategy)
- How might we build a team that acts on innovative, new ideas that will improve the customer experience and establish Slack’s position as an industry leader? (leadership)
- How might we tell stories in ways that simplify decision-making for the department and in service of our customers?(communication)
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. This role is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same.
What you will be doing
- Craft a compelling, long term vision for the infrastructure that powers our customer support
- Work across the CE department to prioritize efforts that serve our customers and company priorities
- Build a data-driven framework to assess the health, architecture, and completeness of the tooling the department uses each day
- Execute complex, long-term projects that have many stakeholders
- Ensure net new tools are seamlessly integrated into the existing suite
- Maintain and mature existing tools and support infrastructure
- Build and manage healthy teams that collaborate with each other and with cross-functional partners to prioritize our customers, even in the face of adversity
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and vision of the Global Customer Experience team
- Manage risk by making thoughtful decisions in uncertain environments
What you should have
- You have experience architecting and maintaining complex implementations of customer support tooling and infrastructure
- You have experience serving a complex customer base in the B2B SaaS using a portfolio of channels and tools
- You have experience communicating with executives, both internally and externally
- You have experience leading, managing, and running multiple teams and functions that care deeply about the success of its customers
- You are available to participate in our weekend shift rotation to support on-call needs
- You create an environment where an engaged team will grow and thrive
- You are skilled at explaining ambiguous problems succinctly and clearly
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.