Director, Sales - Large Enterprise
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Manager to join our fast growing Sales organization and lead a team of Account Executives in the central region.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of talented individuals looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to Customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader Leadership Team. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills.
- Directly manage a team of Enterprise Account Executives that have fun winning together
- Drive ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring sales reps
- Meet quarterly revenue quotas and achieve key performance metrics and goals related to pipeline creation and meaningful customer engagement.
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings and help define a strong business cases
- Partner with Solution Engineering, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Identify product and technology gaps with Customers and present a point of view to Slack’s Product and Leadership Teams
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings and coach Account Executives on strategies to reach their goals
- Report on sales activity and manage a regular revenue forecast
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
- 7+ years of Sales experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 3+ years of Sales Management experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of selling software into Enterprise accounts and achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including demand generation
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly-changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to also be a hands-on contributor
- Ability & willingness to travel
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.