Customer Success Manager I, High Touch - State, Local, and Higher Education (SLED) - Chicago, New York, San Francisco
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
More than 3,000 universities use Slack today. We’re looking to hire a Customer Success Manager focused on working with our commercial and non-commercial Higher Education Customers, as well as grow our state and local government sector. In this strategic role, you will use your expertise and existing relationships within the State, Local, and Higher Ed sector to add value and drive impact with a growing set of customers using Slack to better connect and engage students, faculty, and staff. This is an opportunity to accelerate momentum and actively shape our specialized approach in providing value to an incredible set of customers, as we collectively build the Digital Campus and City.
We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day, which results in Slack having a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What We Do
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and continuously gain business value from our products and services. We serve as the trusted point of contact for Slack’s strategic key customers across the customer lifecycle; on-boarding, adoption, advocacy and renewal. We engage customers using a consultative approach which positions you and Slack as the preferred long-term strategic partner.
A “SLED” Customer Success Managers works closely with our largest University and Government customers using Slack at scale to understand persona-specific use cases, address administrative and change management challenges, build strong executive relationships, and jointly build an effective adoption strategy.
We scale our customer's success by engaging the broader Slack organization at the right time (Executive Sponsors, Customer Success Leadership, Account Executives, Value Consultants, Customer Success Specialists, Customer Experience, Renewals, and Product Managers).
What you will be doing
- You will build meaningful partnerships with our customers and be at the forefront of understanding the value Slack can provide Education and Government institutions.
- You will contribute to progress related to internal and external vertical strategy and thought leadership across a cross functional team of Executives, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, etc.
- You will evangelize our belief that the fastest way to achieve organizational agility is to change how people work and learners engage -- and we believe that requires institutions to rapidly evolve culture, process and technology at scale.
- You will understand the motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and desired business outcomes for your portfolio of enterprise University and Government customers.
- You will lead a cross-functional partnership across your named customer(s) and Slack and identify new ways our platform can differentiate them in the market.
- You will craft joint customer success plans that include agreed upon scope, shared metrics, user engagement, sophistication of usage, adoption plans, timelines, communication, and eliminates barriers to customer advocacy and expansion.
- You will manage usage forecasts based on the institution’s calendar and strategic activities, while also monitoring and escalating risks proactively.
- You will facilitate, or partner with Professional Services or System Implementation partners, for workshops with customers on best practices, driving sponsorship, building governance, and adoption techniques.
- You will facilitate Executive Business Reviews with budget owners and key decision makers, including Slack executive sponsors, where we celebrate shared successes, and align on time-bound strategies and commitments.
- You will maintain high levels of engagement across a broad group of customer stakeholders, given the scale and complexity of this vertical, with an emphasis on customer appreciation, use case discovery, and customer value stories
- Serve as a mentor and coach to others on the Customer Success Team
- Be a recognized role model of Slack’s cultural values, including empathy, courtesy, playfulness, thriving, and solidarity
What you should have
- Experience working with Customers in Higher Education or State and Local Government.
- Prior experience using Slack in a collaborative environment.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting roles. SaaS experience preferred.
- You are passionate about solutioning for education institutions (accessibility, innovation, resiliency) and find fulfillment in partnering with all levels of University stakeholders.
- You can meet the demands of a role that requires strong leadership, a self-starter attitude, committed priority management and high emotional intelligence.
- You are a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty.
- You have experience implementing and supporting large scale technology solutions at complex and federated educational institutions
- Consider program management a strength and have experience using joint sponsorship to execute against deadlines within a complex organization
- You have a passion for building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders: C-Suite, senior executives, business owners, Slack administrators, developers, and day-to-day users of the software
- You have experience in an enterprise solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities is preferred
- Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations. (Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.)
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.