Developer Relations Advocate
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate to work with Slack’s developer community. Slack is where people can work with not only their colleagues, but also the other tools that are a part of their daily work. Slack’s apps and extensibility are a key part of what makes it so essential. By working with developers to bring even more touch points from our users’ everyday tools into Slack, you’ll be making Slack more useful and delightful for our customers.
Developer Advocates at Slack work directly with our community of developers as they build on our platform, defining use cases, guiding enterprise-grade technical design, and advising on best practices with our APIs. You’ll collaborate closely with the other product and engineering teams to advocate for the community internally, set roadmaps and define and launch new features.
Developer Advocacy requires people with technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with developers who are building on the Slack Platform. This role would appeal to you if you love coding and thinking through advanced scenarios, just as much as communicating with a variety of partners, both technical and non-technical. You enjoy helping people solve problems, writing code samples, and communicating to a broad audience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Connecting with developers, both to share knowledge about Slack’s Platform features, and to gather feedback from the community about the platform and the resources available to them.
- Be a specialist on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Support our community by crafting blog posts, delivering talks, building code samples, documentation, developer tools, and helping to define how our team works with that community
- Collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the developer ecosystem
What you should have
- 1+ years of developer relations, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, or software engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a sophisticated technical issue in such a way that most people could understand & translate the words behind the words in meetings with customers
- Familiarity with languages such as Node.js, TypeScript, Python, or Java.
- Solid understanding of API design principles
- You don't need to have experience building with Slack Platform, but it's definitely a plus
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (sales, product, engineering, design, marketing)
- Passionate about improving the way people around the world work and communicate
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.